- What is personal data?
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (referred to as “data subject”). In the context of the site https://www.retrofit-daily.com/, the persons concerned are the visitors to the site.
2. What personal data is collected, for what purposes, and on what legal basis?
RETROFIT DAILY collects personal data about you in the following cases :
2.1 While browsing the https://www.retrofit-daily.com/ website
During your navigation on the https://www.retrofit-daily.com/ website, RETROFIT DAILY collects, through its servers, the following data:
- The IP and/or MAC address of your terminal ;
- The type of your terminal;
- The version of your browser software;
This data is collected and processed in order to allow the proper display of the website https://www.retrofit-daily.com/ on your terminal. This processing is based on the necessity of its implementation for the execution of a contract to which the visitor is a party, namely the conditions of use of the https://www.retrofit-daily.com/ website.
If you have consented to the use of the corresponding cookies as described in article 4 below, and in the Cookies tab, RETROFIT DAILY may also collect data relating to your navigation on the site, through these cookies, on the different pages and contents of the site data, such as the pages visited or the contents consulted.
This navigation data is notably collected and processed for the purpose of measuring the audience of the pages and content of the https://www.retrofit-daily.com/ website. This processing is based on the legitimate interest of RETROFIT DAILY, which consists in better knowing the frequentation of the website https://www.retrofit-daily.com/.
2.2 During your use of the forms on the RETROFIT DAILY website
When you use a form, RETROFIT DAILY collects the following data through the form:
- Newsletter subscription form with :
- Your email address : to create an account and receive our newsletters
These data are collected and processed for RETROFIT DAILY in order to provide you with an answer if necessary. This processing is based on your consent, as manifested by your click on the “Register” button on the form.
3. Who is responsible for the processing of these personal data?
The legal person responsible for the processing of these personal data is Arnaud Pigounides, director of publication RETROFIT DAILY.
4. With whom is the data shared?
The personal data collected and processed as described in article 2 above are used by the competent services within RETROFIT DAILY.
They may also be shared with our partners to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes described in Article 2 above.
5. For how long is the data kept?
The personal data collected and listed as described in article 2 above are kept by RETROFIT DAILY for periods not exceeding the fulfilment of the purposes described in this article 2.
The data relating to [PROSPECT] will be kept for a maximum period of 3 years. The data relating to [ACTIVE CUSTOMER] will be kept for a maximum period of 3 years. Data relating to your navigation on the website will be kept for a maximum period of 13 months.
Data retention table (example) :
Data relating to a prospect
Creation and management of a file of prospects
3 years from the date of data collection or last contact from the prospect
Data relating to an active customer
Customer Account Management
For the entire duration of the contractual relationship
Identification and contact data – newsletter subscribers
3 years from unsubscribing or last contact from the client
Data generated by cookies
Data related to your navigation on our online services
Operation and optimization of services
Personalization of content and advertising
13 months maximum
Cookies are small computer files placed on a visitor’s terminal (e.g. computer, smartphone, tablet) as part of their visit or use of the site. Their uses are varied, ranging from a simple technical function to enable or facilitate navigation, to the collection of data relating to the visitor’s preferences in order to offer personalised advertising.
You may oppose the storage of these cookies on your terminal, as well as the reading of these cookies, by using the parameters of your navigation software. To do so, please refer to the documentation for this software, at the following links: Mozilla Firefox; Internet Explorer; Google Chrome; Opera; Safari.
7. Your Rights
In accordance with the applicable laws and regulations on the protection of personal data, you have rights regarding the processing of your personal data.
As these rights are purely personal, and can therefore only be exercised by the person concerned himself, please attach to your request, in addition to the legitimate reasons for it, a copy of your identity document. This will not be kept longer than the time required to verify your identity.
7.1 Right of access
You can access your personal data processed by RETROFIT DAILY. In the event that a request is made, RETROFIT DAILY will provide you with a copy of your personal data as well as information relating to the processing of your data by RETROFIT DAILY (purposes of the processing, categories of recipients, retention period of personal data, etc.).
7.2 Right to portability
Among the processing operations listed in Article 2 above, which have as a legal basis your consent or the performance of a contract, you also have the right to the portability of your personal data.
This right differs from the right of access to personal data insofar as (i) it concerns only the data that you have provided to RETROFIT DAILY and (ii) it makes it possible to obtain these data in a structured and machine-readable format.
The right to portability of the data subject’s personal data also opens up the possibility that they may be transmitted to another controller of your choice, provided that this is technically possible.
7.3 Right of rectification
You may ask to correct your personal data if it proves to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
7.4 Right of deletion
You may request that your personal data be deleted in the following cases:
- If your personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or is being processed;
- If you have withdrawn your consent to the processing of your personal data, provided that your prior consent was the legal basis for their collection and processing and that there is no other legal basis justifying it;
- If you have objected to the collection or processing of your personal data in accordance with Article 7.5 below;
- If the processing of your personal data is unlawful;
- If your personal data must be deleted in order for RETROFIT DAILY to comply with a legal obligation imposed on it; or
- If you were a minor at the time of collection of your personal data. For the latter case and provided that you were a minor at the time of the request, the holders of parental authority may also make a request for the deletion of your personal data to RETROFIT DAILY.
- If your data has been communicated to third parties, RETROFIT DAILY will then inform these third parties of your request, to the extent possible.
7.5 Right of opposition
Subject to a legitimate justification based on the particular nature of your situation, you may object to any processing of your data when such processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in pursuit of the legitimate interest of RETROFIT DAILY or a third party.
You can also always object, without obligation of reason, to the processing of your data when it takes place for canvassing purposes.
7.6 Right to limit processing
You may request that your data processing be restricted in the following cases:
- In the event that you dispute the accuracy of your personal data, for the time necessary for RETROFIT DAILY to verify it;
- If the processing of your personal data is unlawful and you wish to limit it rather than request its deletion;
- If you wish RETROFIT DAILY to keep your personal data when they are necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of your rights in court or in a legal proceeding where ;
- If you have objected to the processing of your personal data, for the period of time during which RETROFIT DAILY verifies that it has no other overriding legitimate reasons to continue processing them.
RETROFIT DAILY will then cease processing the data concerned and will keep them for the appropriate period of time.
7.7 Right to issue guidelines on the fate of the data after his death
You may provide RETROFIT DAILY with guidelines for the processing of your personal data after your death.
7.8Right to withdraw consent
For all processing operations, among those listed in article 2 above, which have your consent as a legal basis, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time, without having to justify it to RETROFIT DAILY.
7.9 Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data by RETROFIT DAILY with the competent supervisory authority.
For France, this control authority is the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés. For more information on the latter and how to contact it, please visit www.cnil.fr.